Home > About Us > School Info > School Rules & Regulations
School Rules & Regulations
- General Conduct
Pupils are expected to:
- exhibit values such as Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Confidence, Care and Harmony and work towards giving their best
- be polite and well-behaved at all times in and outside school
- greet all members of Anchor Green Primary School community – teachers, non-teaching staff, parents and visitors politely
- move quietly and in an orderly manner when moving around the school
- handle all school equipment and properties with care
- keep the classrooms and school premises clean at all times
- be safe at all times
- ensure the safety of oneself and of others
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Daily attendance is compulsory.
- Absenteeism must be covered by either a medical certificate from doctor or letter with valid reasons from parents.
- Be present at the assembly venue for flag raising by 7.30 a.m.
- Participate and be punctual for school and all designated school activities.
- Pupils who are unwell should not be sent to school. Parents are to keep their child's Form Teacher updated of his/her absence.
- Wilful absence from school is regarded as truancy and the school does not support applications for overseas leave of absence.
Pupils' Holistic Development Profile (HDP) report will be affected should the above-mentioned rules relating to attendance and punctuality not adhered to.
- Assembly / Pledge Taking
- Pupils who are Singapore citizens and Permanent residents must sing the National Anthem and recite the Pledge. Pupils will take the Pledge with their right fist over their heart.
- All pupils are required to sing the school song.
- Pupils to observe all the commands for assembly without fidgeting. Upholding the integrity of the flag-raising ceremony is mandatory for everyone.
- Classroom Conduct
- Pupils are required to stand and greet the teachers before and after lessons.
- No food and sweet drinks are to be consumed in the classroom including during the prescribed snack time. Only plain water is allowed to be consumed in class outside of the prescribed snack time.
- No pupil is to remain in the classroom during recess.
- No pupil is to leave the classroom without the teacher’s permission.
- Attire and Appearance
- Pupils should be properly and neatly attired at all times. Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and no modification to the uniform is allowed.
- Pupils are allowed to wear the PE attire (T-shirt & shorts) to school on days when they have PE lessons and Co-Curricular Activities. (Refer to the page 8 of the pupil’s handbook for examples.)
|School Attire Guidelines|
Uniform / PE Attire
- Possession of Weapons
- All pupils are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon.
- All pupils are not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
- All pupils are strictly not allowed to bring sharp objects to school such as paper cutters, knives and sharp-pointed scissors. Scissors brought to school must be round-headed.
Types of Minor and Major Offences
|Types of Minor Offences||Recommended Actions|
|Types of Major Offences||Recommended Actions|