Home > About Us > School Info > School Homework Policy
School Homework Policy
Homework is defined as school work or assignment that a pupil is required to complete after school curriculum hours.
Generally, teachers assign homework to pupils to:
- reinforce what has been taught in class;
- consolidate their learning;
- provide further practice to deepen understanding;
- prepare them for next day learning, e.g. pre-reading a chapter; or
- use as part of the formative assessment, i.e. homework is used to gather feedback about pupils’ learning and serves to inform teacher on the necessary follow-up actions needed.
No Written Weekend Homework for P1 – P3 pupils
There will be no written weekend homework for all P1 to P3 pupils. The dual objectives are to allow our pupils to enjoy their weekends with their family and provided space and time for parents to think of innovative ways to teach and engage their children.