Character and Citizenship Education
Anchored on the school's vision of A Community of Aspiring and Gracious Learners , the Character and Citizenship Education Department seeks to nurture Anchorlites to become morally upright and socially responsible citizens.
- To create experiences that provides cross-cultural awareness and a globalised world.
- To infuse CCE Core Values, School Values,21st Century and Social and Emotional competencies through department and school wide programmes.
CCE Core Values
Respect, Responsibility, Resilience, Integrity, Care and Harmony
School ValuesRespect, Integrity, Confidence and Excellence
CCE is the central to the Framework for the 21st Century Competencies and Student Outcomes. It emphasises the interconnectedness of the core values, social and emotional competencies and civic literacy, global awareness and cross - cultural skills that are critical for character and citizenship development. A whole school approach is about intentionally teaching and reinforcing character and citizenship in a coordinated manner through the different programmes and platforms, emphasising the whole experience for CCE, rather than individual programmes.
Framework for 21ast Century Competencies and Student Outcomes
Social Emotional Competencies - Skills, knowledge and dispositions that enable students to
Skills related to Citizenship that enable students to:
School wide key programmes
- Form Teacher Guidance Period (FTGP),
- School based Values Education,
- Student Leadership Development
- Service to the community - Values in Action (VIA)
- Assembly Talks
- Education and Career Guidance (ECG)
- Growing Years Series (GYS)
- National Education infused in various NE core events and curriculum.
- Award and Recognition Programme - catch students doing the right thing!
- Student Suggestion Scheme(S-cube) - a platform for students to suggest to make the school environment conducive and to enhance student well-being.
- Counselling Service
- Learning and Behavioural Support (LBS) for special need students
- Life Circle and SEEDERS Programme - an intervention programme for at-risk students